Breaking News
recent

Drogba: I have been playing in pain!


Chelsea striker Didier Drogba revealed he has been playing in pain throughout his Chelsea career with a groin problem.
The Ivory Coast striker had minor surgery earlier in the summer to correct a hernia problem that has been troubling him the past six years.
Speaking to the Guardian, Drogba said: "The problem was a hernia. I first had it six years ago and, for the last six years, I have been struggling with it.
"I couldn't really work: it was difficult sometimes for me to play some games. I also had to miss some training sessions.
"Now I am really happy because it has gone and I feel more free. It really was a strange feeling [against United] because sometimes last year I needed some tablets to play.
"Now I am not even asking. It is a good feeling. There are no more tensions [in the groin]. You know it is really good for me - I am really happy that I had the operation."
It is amazing that given his injury he has scored as many goals as he did, but the Ivorian will have to take time to settle into his stride after the operation.
Drogba elaborated: "I learned how to play with the hernia, how to deal with it, and I had to adapt my game to it.
"So now, maybe, I will have to change my game again. I don't know if I can do better than last year.
"But the thing is I will feel better, more free in my movements on the pitch. I will feel much better and will be happy to have the same season as last year."
247CIRCLE

247CIRCLE

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.